Line up for this fascinating exploration of animal behavior from an award-winning author-illustrator!
Much like humans, many animals line up for a variety of reasons. Rather than forming lines for the school bus or recess, the animals featured in Susan Stockdale’s book form lines for
- safety: baby Mallard ducklings follow their mother to the water for their first swim
- warmth: turtles climb into a stacked line for a better share of the sun’s rays
- navigation: Arctic wolves follow the prints in the snow left by the pack leader
- food: ants line up to follow the scent of their leader to food and safety
Featuring birds, crustaceans, fish, insects, mammals, and reptiles from around the world, Line Up is a cozy and comforting book that reminds us of our similarities while illuminating some specific, distinctive behaviors.
- travel: pink flamingos form a line to reduce wind resistance and fly more efficiently